Breaking: Press Box PR seek Media Relations Specialist
Are you our next Media Relations Specialist?
BREAKING: Press Box PR seek a journalist or PR professional who can use their network of contacts, media knowledge and creativity to consistently generate coverage to accelerate the agency’s growth.
A typical day involves the best parts of journalism; creating and writing stories, pitching editors, interviewing famous faces and contributing to live coverage of the biggest sporting & current affairs events.
If you want to apply your entrepreneurial flair, creative thinking and work ethic to grow a thriving media relations start up, we we want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate
- A superb network of media contacts across all sectors, publications and publishing groups, particularly at editor & senior level & an ability to continually expand contacts book.
- A thorough understanding of the modern-day media and publishing industry, in the UK and beyond.
- Ability to pitch stories & ideas confidently inside and outside of contacts network.
- An affinity for relationship building.
- A honed news sense.
- Ability to apply journalistic experience to ensure public relations is a complementary service to journalists and the news gathering process.
- Excellent writing & sub-editing skills.
- A creative mindset.
- Comfortable working with and analysing data.
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
- Knowledge of SEO & use of PR for link-building.
- Experience in a commercial/client-facing environment.
- Knowledge of betting, sports & eSports/gaming.
- Experience of working in or with start ups.
Pay, rewards & details:
- Salary £28,000 to £40,000 (depending on experience).
- Uncapped annual bonus based on individual & company performance.
- Extra holiday to compensate for working newsroom hours (evenings & weekends)
- Phone bill paid & company laptop provided.
- Expenses account for journalist & client entertaining.
- Budget for quarterly journalist, client & internal entertainment events.
- Annual training.
Press Box PR are currently planning a safe return to work flexibly using a central London office as a base. Candidates in other locations with a preference for home working are also invited to apply.
About Press Box PR
Press Box PR isn’t a typical public relations agency. A growing team of journalists and PR professionals behave like a newsroom to generate coverage around the clock .
Clients include the biggest names in betting and gaming, a sporting governing body, a range of start ups and have previously included a Premier League winning footballer, major publishers and many more.
What comes next?
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter introducing yourself by addressing the below bullet points to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Tuesday September 22nd.
You are encouraged to make your pitch stand out.
- Describe your network of contacts.
- Describe a time you've been successful in pitching, doing PR or a sales environment.
- Come up with a one line idea for a feature on behalf of a betting or sporting client.