Account Executive: Consumer
Press Box PR, a fast-growing PR agency, is hiring an Account Executive to work across the consumer department, covering everything from personal finance to lifestyle trends and topical news, starting immediately.
Reporting into the consumer department’s leadership team, you’ll design and deliver campaigns resulting in digital media coverage, while working directly with industry-leading clients.
You will have an extensive book of contacts made up of journalists and editors across the biggest news desks as well as a great understanding of the type of content both UK and international publications want to receive.
A keen eye for detail, your finger on the pulse when it comes to topical and trending news and the ability to produce engaging and newsworthy content, while pitching on both a proactive and reactive basis is essential.
If you are on top of everything from the latest money-saving hacks, investing trends, and cost-of-living news to the latest lifestyle hacks, food trends and entertainment news, we want to hear from you.
A PR professional with experience of securing links and coverage for consumer focused clients, ideally from research and expert commentary you have sourced, produced and pitched yourself.
A digital journalist, with experience on news, SEO and audience desks, who has written on consumer news for major UK publications, with no PR experience necessary.
In both cases, the following is:
- A thorough understanding of consumer topics and how they impact the public, as well as how these are covered by mainstream media
- A thorough understanding of ‘lifestyle finance’ and how mainstream publications cover all things money, personal finance and business
- A thorough understanding of how major news events like interest rate decisions, heatwaves, TV and calendar highlights are covered by online press
- A thorough understanding of UK digital media and content that drives traffic for publishers
- Excellent writing and communication skills, to publication standard
- A willingness to proactively pitch media publications
- Creativity and an ability to come up with a range of media-worthy ideas.
- An understanding of SEO and link-building
- Experience working in digital PR or PR
- Stakeholder management experience including working with clients
PBPR is a fast-growing PR agency in Barbican, Central London, staffed predominantly by journalists.
Formed in 2020, Press Box PR has grown quickly to become a thriving 30 person agency working for a range of consumer, sport and B2B clients on digital and creative PR projects.
Press Box PR is an agency proud of:
- 100% record of career progression and promotion within first year
- A track record of paying double-digit bonuses
- A training and development budget for all staff
- Perks including free gym membership, medicash, enhanced sick pay
- Being an environment where 25+ journalists are now thriving in PR, having moved to the industry for the first time
The important parts:
- Salary: £22,000-£27,000 DOE
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced private pension
- Annual training budget
Press Box PR operates on an office-first hybrid model consisting of three days a week in the office, with another two days at home. The role will also involve occasional travel within the UK and beyond to meet clients and journalists.
Press Box PR encourages applications from a diverse range of backgrounds, does not require applicants to have a University education and will support applicants from outside of London to cover costs associated with interviews.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org introducing yourself, including a summary of any relevant experience, successes and a creative coverage idea based on a trending topic.