Senior Content Executive
Are you a journalist, or PR professional, with a track record of top interviews in sport?
Will you be able to interview Ballon d'Or, World Cup and Premier League winners to generate viral stories, that secure coverage in the most prestigious publications in the world?
Do you have a knowledge of football, boxing, F1, UFC, rugby, golf and more that you can use to utilise in your interviews?
Do you want to hone your skills in an office that includes experienced journalists from national newspapers?
And do you have excellent writing skills that you can use to generate sharp, eye-catching headlines that will be noticed instantly by journalists?
In order to accelerate its growth, Press Box PR is hiring a Senior Content Executive in its sport division.
The successful candidate will work with the Content team to grow the business by generating content on behalf of a rapidly growing client list, including major sponsors, rights holders and athletes.
Press Box PR is a growing agency made up of ex-journalists and PR professionals combining their experience to generate online media coverage for a range of clients in the sports, consumer and professional industries.
Since its launch in 2020, Press Box PR has continually expanded, hiring over 20 journalists to develop their careers by devising and delivering our unique brand of editorial PR, paying staff a performance-based bonus in consecutive years.
Press Box PR’s growing Sport team, led by former national journalists, work with a star-studded list of names including:
- Football legends: Michael Owen, Sergio Aguero, Dimitar Berbatov, Ruud Gullit, Emmanuel Petit and Marcel Desailly
- Icons in non-football sports: Deontay Wilder, Carl Froch, Tom Aspinall, Johnny Herbert, Timo Glock and Jason Robinson
- Experts in sport, from finance gurus to fitness coaches
Press Box PR is an agency with the buzz of a busy newsroom. It’s a place where you get out what you put in, with regular social events and a commitment to ensuring staff all benefit in career terms and financially from the growth they drive.
Press Box PR are hiring a Senior Content Executive for its Sports Content team. You will be:
- Conducting interviews with high-profile athletes from a range of sports including football, boxing, F1, golf, US Sports and rugby
- Pitch new names for Press Box to interview, of low and high profile, who will secure interest from journalists we pitch to
- Suggest innovative questions we can ask our talent offering, both reactive to the sporting schedule and nostalgic
- Pitch research pieces that focus on the procurement of data in sport, to generate eye-catching headlines
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of a wide range of sports, ready to contribute to daily meetings on our Content offering
- Write up punctual transcriptions and press releases to a high standard
- Demonstrate experience working in a sports newsroom/PR environment and/or experience of interviews in sport
- Minimum of three days a week in our London offices, based in Barbican
- Qualifications in journalism and/or PR
- Demonstrate excellent, punctual writing ability previously published in local or national media
- Demonstrate ideas that you pitched and were successfully published
- A thorough understanding of digital sports and news media both in the UK and globally
- At least two years’ experience at a major UK sports publication or in a relevant sports public relations/comms role
- An innate understanding of the online sports media agenda with strong editorial skills and judgment, including SEO and trends within digital publishing
- Effective pitching and contact-building skills, working both from warm and cold lists and an ability to find and convert new media contacts
- Excellent communication skills
- Editorial experience outside of sport
- Editorial experience/contacts with global sports publishers
- Completed a journalism degree or NCTJ
- Experience working in a public relations or an agency environment
- £26,000-£32,000 DOE
- Company pension
- Competitive annual bonus
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company laptop and/or tech allowance
- Company gym membership
- Regular social & training events
To apply please email Senior Content Director firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a cover letter and examples of interviews you have done in sport.
Press Box PR encourages applications from a diverse range of backgrounds, does not require applicants to have a University education and will support applicants from outside of London to cover costs associated with interviews.